I suppose that this is some sort of an accomplishment. The post that you are reading is my 200th. It’s time to do my first “State of My Site” post. Because of the occasion, I’m allowing myself this indulgence. Without further ado…
Random Facts about My Posts
I write about quite a few things. I took a look at some of them:
- Posts mentioning Rush: 18 (I know. I would have taken the “over” as well.)
- Book reviews: 11
- Guest posts from others: 5
- Times that I’ve made a cogent argument: 47 (give or take)
- For a visual of my blog’s key words, click here.
I can never predict which posts will be popular. According to my WordPress statistics, these are the most popular.
- Publishing Mysteries
- When It’s Time to Abandon Ship
- Can Consultants Lead? Three Viewpoints
- The Future of Reading
- The Technology Adoption Life Cycle
- Social Networking in the Workplace
- Cloud Computing and Open Source
- Enterprise 2.0 and Collaboration: Come on, HR!
My Favorite Posts
I will be tackling more small business issues, as they will be the focus on my upcoming third book.
Random Facts about 200
The number 200 has a storied history. According to its Wikipedia page, two hundred is:
- A common ISO-standard film speed for photographic films. However, 200 speed film is being phased out in consumer films in favor of faster films.
- A denomination of the euro note. The 200 euro note was designed by Robert Kalina.
- The size of one side of the main square in Kraków, Poland (200 m×200 m)
- 200 MeV is the temperature of quark-gluon plasma phase transition.
- The name of a car made by the Rover Group — the Rover 200.
- An HTTP status code indicating a successful connection.
- The sum of dollars given in the classical Monopoly game to a player passing Go. This one I actually new. 😉
- A cholesterol level of 200 and below is considered “Desirable level corresponding to lower risk for heart disease”
- “200” is the title of an episode of the television show Stargate SG-1.
- The number of NASCAR races won by Richard Petty.
- A Year.
- A vehicle that has reached 200 mph.
- The North West 200, a motorcycle race held in Northern Ireland.
- The number of runs scored by the Cricketer Sachin Tendulkar (not out) in 2nd ODI against South Africa, in the Micromax Cup 2010, which is the highest score in an ODI
While I write for my own amusement (and to save money on psychiatrists), I want to thank you, the reader. I really appreciate the comments, retweets, mentions, Facebook likes, Diggs, and other references.
Filed Under 📁