Marketing and sales folks are justifiably enthusiastic about their products, but they face two insurmountable obstacles in trying to get their messages heard:
- People today are busier than ever. As such, they aren’t too keen on watching commercials. The Super Bowl is the exception that proves the rule.
- Prospective customers are usually and understandably a bit weary of software vendors’ messages. (Have you ever met a salesperson who didn’t think that everyone needed his or her company’s products and services? Me neither.)
Rather than “talk at” prospects, why not inform and educate them?
As a vendor-agnostic technology expert, I often give content-rich webinars. I discuss important business developments and trends, not the features of any software vendor’s particular wares. My goal is to start important conversations that my clients’ products and services ultimately solve. After a brief introduction, I typically speak for about 75 percent of the allotted time. I conclude by fielding questions from attendees that the moderator vets.
In case you’re curious, my current record is 2,200 live attendees.
Phil knocked it out of the park. Throughout the webinar, he was engaging, confident, knowledgeable, and passionate. I can’t wait to work with him again.
Steve Bonadio, VP Marketing, Innocentive
Phil Simon was an exceptional speaker and webinar host. Beyond that, he’s also extremely thorough and works hands-on with his clients. The end result was a fantastic product we were both proud of. He knows his stuff, works hard, and is very responsive when you need to contact him.
Lindsay Lauck, Webinar Program Manager, Pluralsight
CMU alumni describe Phil’s presentations as relatable, informative, and engaging. His passion is contagious, leaving attendees energized and inspired. On top of being an amazing presenter, he’s fun and easy to collaborate with. If you haven’t already, I highly recommend working with Phil.
Melissa Turk, Director of Alumni & Constituent Engagement, Carnegie Mellon University
Phil was a dream to work with. Normally Payix webinars have attendees from Finance or Fintech. With Phil, people from many different industries attended. The topic was very relevant and Phil did a great job presenting.
Heather Dietel, Payix
Marketing & Communications Manager
A sample of online discussions that I have led for my clients.
- Payix: Reimagining Collaboration
- Carnegie Mellon University Webinar on Remote Work
- Harvard Business School: Data Visualization
- Pluralsight: Big Data for the Enterprise
- Carnegie Mellon University: Effective Remote Work: An Overview of Slack, Microsoft Teams, and Zoom
- Innocentive: Webinar on Big Data and Open Innovation