What I do and how I do it.
If I haven’t covered it elsewhere on my site, here’s some more information about working with me.
You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.—Winston Churchill
Questions and answers about my live events and seminars.
What topics do you speak about?
What are your speaking requirements?
Are your talks boilerplate?
Questions and answers about my books, blog posts, and articles.
Can I reprint or cite your articles and blog posts?
- You must attribute my work in the manner specified by the author or licensor (but not in any way that suggests that they endorse you or your use of the work).
- You may not use my work for commercial purposes without express written permission from me.
- You may not alter, transform, or build upon my work without express written permission from me.
You can read more about Creative Commons here.
Will you write for my site for free?
Of which of your books are you most proud?
How much do you charge?
How do you arrive at these numbers?
- The value of my content
- The time that it takes me to generate articles, white papers, and blog posts
- The prices that those in my cohort charge
Do you control the prices of your books?
Questions and answers about my advisory practice.
What are your payment terms?
What kinds of consulting arrangements do you offer?
- Traditional or full-time, on-site consulting
- Milestone consulting (although I admittedly have my reservations about the effectiveness of this type of arrangement)
- Remote consulting
Do you sign NDAs with your clients?
Will you work as a subcontractor?
Questions and answers about everything else.
Where do you live?
Got a current resume?
I still believe these things. However, In 2015 I pursued—and landed—a full-time professor position. As a result, I buckled and put one together.
I like your website. Can you build mine?
Who built your website?
What kind of traffic does your site get on an average day?
- Google PageRank (since retired): 5/10. More information can be found here. Note that the Alexa backlink number is very inaccurate.
- Unique visitors per day: Anywhere from 150 to 200 on average weekdays
- Page views day: Anywhere from 250 to 400 on average weekdays
Also note that all of my traffic is genuine. It’s not hard to buy backlinks, page views, and social-media shares. I choose not to.
Can I guest post on this site?
What keeps your powder dry?