Speaking Topics ►
Becoming a Visual Organization
Understanding Today’s Data-Visualization Imperative
Previous audiences: Keynotes to annual conferences, conference breakout sessions, and corporate events
How can organizations use data visualization to find signals in the noise that is Big Data?
Of course, there are many reasons for this. As a starting point, consider the following: spreadsheets, dashboards, relational databases, and even traditional business-intelligence (BI) tools of the 1990s and 2000s aren’t remotely equipped to handle today’s massive amounts and disparate types of data.
Fortunately, all hope isn’t lost.
New, robust, and, interactive data-visualization applications are helping even non-technical employees find the signal in the noise, embrace data discovery, and make better business decisions. In a word, organizations such as Netflix, eBay, and Twitter are becoming more visual.
- Why is dataviz more important than ever?
- Why are static pie charts and bar graphs wholly insufficient today?
- What does Netflix know about each of its 60 million customers?
- How does that knowledge translate into better predictions?
- We’re not nearly as large as Netflix. Can a small or mid-sized organization use dataviz tools to better understand its employees, users, and customers?
- Very few—if any—of our employees are statisticians and data scientists. What type of technical sophistication
- What types of applications and technologies will help our employees actually do something with all of this data?
To see all of my recorded talks on data visualization, click here.