Speaking Topics ►
Improving Business Communication
Why how we’re working just isn’t working.
Previous audiences: Quarterly meetings, conference breakout sessions, and corporate events
How can our organization escape the jargon and e-mail tsunamis?
Generally speaking, business communication today is nothing short of dismal, but you probably don’t need me to tell you that. You live it every day. A tsunami of inscrutable e-mails inhibits productivity in your organization. And then there’s the jargon. Oh, the jargon. What exactly are next-generation Big Data cloud platforms and holistic form factors anyway?
Fortunately, all hope is not lost.
In this talk, I draw upon my award-winning book Message Not Received: Why Business Communication Is Broken and How to Fix It. I answer the following questions and more:
- Why is business communication so badly broken? How did it get this way?
- Why do we blame technology (e-mail) when we really ought to be looking in the mirror?
- Why is business jargon on the rise?
- What are the effects of excessive e-mail and jargon?
- Are there solutions to these problems? What are they?
- Can improved internal communication improve my bottom line?
- Which companies have adopted truly collaborative tools and what can we learn from them?
To watch all of my recorded talks on improving business communications, click here.