Improving Business Communication
Why how we’re working just isn’t working.
Previous audiences: Quarterly meetings, conference breakout sessions, and corporate events
How can our organization escape the jargon and e-mail tsunamis?
Generally speaking, business communication today is nothing short of dismal, but you probably don’t need me to tell you that. You live it every day. A tsunami of inscrutable e-mails inhibits productivity in your organization. And then there’s the jargon. Oh, the jargon. What exactly are next-generation Big Data cloud platforms and holistic form factors anyway?
Fortunately, all hope is not lost.
In this talk, I draw upon my award-winning book Message Not Received: Why Business Communication Is Broken and How to Fix It. I answer the following questions and more:
- Why is business communication so badly broken? How did it get this way?
- Why do we blame technology (e-mail) when we really ought to be looking in the mirror?
- Why is business jargon on the rise?
- What are the effects of excessive e-mail and jargon?
- Are there solutions to these problems? What are they?
- Can improved internal communication improve my bottom line?
- Which companies have adopted truly collaborative tools and what can we learn from them?
To watch all of my recorded talks on improving business communications, click here.
Book me to speak