You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.
SpeakingQuestions and answers about my live events and seminars.
What topics do you speak about?
Quite a few, actually. Recent talks have focused on platforms, Big Data, management, technology, trends, disruption, innovation, and communication.
What are your speaking requirements?
I prefer to use my own computer. I’ve had way too many issues with using other people’s machines. Beyond that, I’m pretty low-maintenance. I like using projectors, lecterns, and confidence monitors. I prefer lavaliers to proper microphones. I arrive the night before events to ensure that there are no travel snafus. Finally, on the day of the event, I like to do a soundcheck at least two hours before I’m scheduled to go on. Belts and braces, as they say.
Are your talks boilerplate?
No, they are not. They are all customized. I work with my clients through a series of phone calls to determine what they want from my talks—and, just as important, what they don’t want me to cover.
WritingQuestions and answers about my books and other articles.
Of which of your books are you most proud?
Will you write for my site for free?
Can I reprint or cite your articles and blog posts?
- You must attribute my work in the manner specified by the author or licensor (but not in any way that suggests that they endorse you or your use of the work).
- You may not use my work for commercial purposes without express written permission from me.
- You may not alter, transform, or build upon my work without express written permission from me.
You can read more about Creative Commons here.
How much do you charge?
How do you arrive at these numbers?
- The value of my content
- The time that it takes me to generate articles, white papers, and blog posts
- The prices that those in my cohort charge
Do you control the prices of your books?
Consulting and ServicesQuestions and answers about my advisory practice.
What are your payment terms?
What kinds of consulting arrangements do you offer?
- Traditional or full-time, on-site consulting
- Milestone consulting (although I admittedly have my reservations about the effectiveness of this type of arrangement)
- Remote consulting
Do you sign NDAs with your clients?
Will you work as a subcontractor?
OtherQuestions and answers about everything else.
Where do you live?
Got a current resume?
I like your website. Can you build mine?
Who built your website?
What kind of traffic does your site get every day?
- Google Page rank: 5/10. More information can be found here. Note that the Alexa backlink number is very inaccurate.
- Unique visitors per day: Anywhere from 150 to 200 on average weekdays
- Page views day: Anywhere from 250 to 400 on average weekdays
Also note that all of my traffic is genuine. It’s not hard to buy backlinks, page views, and social-media shares. I choose not to.