I’ve had my new iPad for a few weeks now and it’s time to give some feedback. I really like it, but…
- Buying Kindle books isn’t nearly as frictionless as it should be. You can’t just read a sample of a book in the Kindle app and then buy the rest. Rather, you must exit the application and buy it from a browser. Of course, this isn’t an Amazon limitation. I’ll bet you $100 that Apple removed “buy now” functionality in the app for users read samples of Kindle books. Annoying, but I understand Apple’s desire to push iBooks.
- Watching DVDs on your iPad isn’t as easy as it should be. Yes, you can noodle with HandBrake and create M4P files to play in iTunes, but it’s a clunky process that doesn’t always work. Seems like this problem should be solved at some point.
- Riddle me this: Why can I stream Amazon Prime movies for free but only download movies that I pay to watch? I’d love a simple button to temporarily download a movie. Again, this might be by design. The simplest way to watch movies (sans WiFi) is to download them via iTunes.
- Battery life is good but, like the iPhone 5 and 5s, you’re best off turning off a few of the battery-sucking options.
- Voice dictation with iOS 7 is great.
Brass tacks: this is a great device. I’m glad that I waited. It seems like the iPad has evolved tremendously since its inception.
What say you? Do you own an iPad? Any tips?
Filed Under 📁