In what was one of the most compelling finals in recent NBA history, the Mavs beat the Heat. In no particular, here’s what the entire LeBron-a-thon this year teaches us:
- Studs and duds doesn’t work as a strategy for building a team. The Mavs have one legitimate star and a bunch of very good players.
- Unsuspected stars emerge. J.J. Barea was on no one’s radar this year and was one of the more important factors in the series.
- Controversy makes for great marketing. Think about it: How many of you watched just because you wanted him to lose?
- Make a big spectacle of yourself and you’ll make enemies. Lots of ’em.
- Everyone has a voice via Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, etc.
- LeBron has to do some growing up. Case in point: Mocking Dirk’s illness.